Calculating Fluid Needs

15 Sep 2010

drinkDaily fluid requirement on any person could differ, depending on body condition, age, gender, environmental temperature, type of food consumed, and types of activities.

For example, people who do a lot of physical activities like sports will be different needs for fluid compared with more sedentary office. Old age group who are not active have less fluid requirements than adults who are still very active in fisik.Orang who experience renal impairment is very limited fluid intake than those who kidneys healthy.

That’s why everyone should understand the needs of each body, in accordance with the conditions. If necessary, consult with a nutritionist physician after a medical examination in general (general check-up).

In general, conditions in noraml, the body’s need of daily fluid can be calculated using the formula:

Formula 1
Requirement is approximately 1 milliliter of fluid for every kilocalorie of energy needs of the body. If someone needs 1800 kcal of energy, means the need for liquids is 1 x 1800 = 1800 milliliters or 1.8 liters of water.

Formula 2
For the first 10 kg body weight takes a liter of fluid, the second 10 kg body weight needs 500 milliliters of liquid, and the remainder of each kilogram of body weight need 20 milliliters of liquid.

For example, if someone has a body weight 50 kg. So the first 10 kg weight = 1 liter, 10 kg of a second - 500 ml, the remaining 30 (50 kg, 10-10) x 20 ml = 600 ml.
So overall fluid requirement is 1000 500 600 = 2100 ml or 2.1 liters per day.

From where we can meet the needs of the liquid? At the core of the two sources, namely food (vegetables, fruits, etc.) and beverages. Generally fluid obtained from food amounted to about 20 percent, while the other 80 percent comes from beverages. (source)


TAGS


-

Author

Follow Me